Florida Cultural Alliance
Arts and Advocacy In Concert since 1985
Florida Arts & Culture Advocacy Day is January 24, 2024 in Tallahassee. Will you be joining us?
Go to our Advocacy Action Center Page for resources and updates regarding advocating for arts and cultural funding in Florida’s 2024 Legislative Session.
THIS PROJECT IS SUPPORTED IN PART BY AN AWARD FROM THE NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR THE ARTS. LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR THE ARTS GRANTS IMPACT INDIVIDUALS AND COMMUNITIES AT WWW.ARTS.GOV.
THIS PROJECT IS SUPPORTED IN PART BY GRANT FUNDING FROM SOUTH ARTS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR THE ARTS. LEARN MORE AT WWW.SOUTHARTS.ORG.
Follow us on social media
The Florida Cultural Alliance (FCA) is a not-for-profit organization created in 1985 to develop an informed and engaged statewide non-partisan advocacy network among arts and culture organizations, individuals, artists, businesses and local, state, and federal policymakers and staff. This network would strategically collaborate to increase state’s investment in Florida artists and arts and cultural organizations and elevate the industry, as a whole, to its rightful place as an integral element to the vibrancy of what is now the world’s 17th largest economy.
Arts & Culture are Critical to Florida's Recovery
This chart details a 6-Year Look Back at State Arts Grants Funding.
Florida Arts & Culture
Grant Year Ending 2022
Florida Arts & Culture
Funding Last 3
Despite the challenges (of every sort), Florida arts and culture advocates, practitioners and legislators are Rising to Resilience!
- $59,088,125 recommended by the legislature to fund
- 710 programs and projects
- $26,734,636 in appropriations, ensuring
- 668 programs receive funding
- $13,525,019 in appropriations & ensuring
- 481 programs received funding.
Go to our Advocacy Action Center Page for more.
- Higher Graduation Rates
- Lower Dropout Rates
- Results-based, team-oriented learning
Foster’s enthusiasm for learning
- Reduces instances of truancy
For the Economy
- 227,000 Jobs in Florida
59,000 (mostly small) Florida Businesses
- Highly desirable adaptive and creative workforce powering entertainment, tourism, education, communication and design industries.
For Quality of Life
- Cross-Generational, Cultural & Socio-Economic Engagement
- Catalyst for District and Neighborhood Revitalization